Full filling procedure
Rathosan® full filling process: Sewer rehabilitation of the new generation.
This internationally patented and particularly economical sewer and shaft rehabilitation method is used for sealing and repairing sewer systems. For this, we fill the pipeline to be rehabilitated with two chemical components: In the first step, with an aqueous solution of water glass or silica sol with additives; in the second step, with an aqueous solution of salts of polyvalent metals with additives.
The two-component method is particularly suitable for branched domestic and industrial drainage systems or for buildings without inspection shafts. In these cases, it is also often the only possible method of rehabilitation. The sealing of engineering objects embedded in the ground is another area of application.
The environmental compatibility of this process has been certified for the application above and below the groundwater level by the German Institute for Building Technology in Berlin (No. Z-42.3.278 of 13 July 1998). The procedure was tested in Germany by the Institute for Water Hazardous Substances in Berlin, the Hygiene Institute in Gelsenkirchen, and the Health Office in Berlin.
Rathosan® two-component full filling process: The principle.
- Combined flushing and suction vehicles clean the entire sewer pipe to be rehabilitated by means of high-pressure flushing.
- A TV inspection of the sewer according to ATV M 143 not only provides information on the condition of the sewer and damage comparison but also on the selection of processes and components. This is followed by a leak test according to DIN 4033/EN 1610 as well as a damage comparison.
- The object to be rehabilitated is shut off and filled with the first component from the low point: Rathosan WG1 or water glass base. Through leaks it reaches the surrounding earth or gravel area.
- After an exposure time of about one hour – depending on the condition of the line – the first component is pumped out.
- After an intermediate rinse, the object to be rehabilitated is filled with the second component: Rathosan PS1, polymer salt, or salt hardener solution. This also penetrates to the outside, where it combines with the first component and the surrounding material to form a solid, absolutely leakproof gel containing sandstone.
- After an exposure time of about one hour, the material loss is measured. The second component is pumped off and the sewer is flushed out at high pressure. Depending on the necessity, a further TV inspection provides additional information.
- The dismantling of the line shut-offs forms the conclusion of the work. The sewer is operational again.